Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Port Bàn then Windy Rain

Yesterday was partially sunny all day, quite a delightful weather option here in the Inner Hebrides.  So it was off to one of my favorite places to explore, Port Bàn.  The tide was running out, and in the photo above you can see the white sand underneath the wate.  The beach extends quite deeply into the shore, and the sun made the water turquoise.

My friend Ralph, who I have known for 38 years, has been with us for the last week.  Here he is enjoying the view of the beach.  He leaves tomorrow, assuming the ferry is running, to return to Glasgow.  This is his first time on Iona, so we have made sure he has seen all of the essential spots in between the rain.  He has also been building and starting the coal fires.  I clean up the ashes the next day.

We knew a long, windy, heavy rain was moving in today.  Yet, there was a bit of sunshine this morning, so we went to the Iona Heritage Center and talked with Daniela who told us about the geologic formations.  After stopping by a few shops, I had a cup of Cullen Skink and sandwich at the Argyle Hotel.  Cullen Skink is a soup with smoked haddock, onion, potatoes and milk.  Ralph and I walked back to Tighshee in a driving rain, soaking the front of my pants.  The rest of the afternoon I have been working on downloading photos from both cameras, making a first cut, and processing.

No comments: