Monday, December 22, 2014

Two Josephs

Janie has collected hundreds of nativity scenes from across the world, but there was a special one that she wanted us to see. 

A number of years ago a friend who imported handcrafts from around the world called her in despair.  A nativity set had arrived that did not have a Mary, but had two Josephs instead.  Our friend quickly said she would be happy to buy it, and had set it up for many years in her home. 

Upon seeing it in their living room, I impulsively told Janie I wanted her to put my name on it if she ever decided to give it away.  So, a few weeks ago, she asked me to walk with her out to her car after church, and presented the set to me.  I don't know what the original craftsman would think about it, but it gives me great joy!

No comments: